Friday, February 19, 2010

Think Small

Despite an earlier post about how I love big thick (insert rude joke here) rulebooks I have begun to appreciate digest sized rulebooks. What with all the maps, notes, dice and charts the GM needs, space behind the screen is at a premium. To pack the rules into just 5 1/2 by 8 inches is a great advantage. I wish more companies would produce those half size bundles of RPG goodness. Brave Halfling Publishing has a good lead with the Swords & Wizardry boxed set which features digest booklets. Adobe Acrobat has a feature to allow you to print any PDF as a booklet. So many of the free rules can be done but printing a full sized document as a booklet does have some sizing issues. And there is a limit to how many pages you can bend and staple. I would like to see some hard cover books in digest size. The mini reprints of the AD&D books were fun but I would like to see some current tiles in hard bound 5 1/2 by 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment